Quail Park of West Seattle will be centrally located within the West Seattle Junction Hub Urban Village along both California Ave SW and SW Alaska streets. The community location is pedestrian friendly and close to local churches, schools, grocery and boutique stores, restaurants and other businesses. It is also two blocks from the West Seattle Senior Center.
Quail Park is unlike any other, as all Residents are contributing members to the West Seattle community despite their diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer’s. Through intergenerational activity, community give back, and Family Member involvement, it is our goal to always have diversity in our programs, which support joy and fun.
- Living in Place, Not Just Aging in Place
- At Quail Park, we want more for our residents – much more! We want our Residents to live and thrive – to build new friendships, to continue to live a life of purpose and service, and to just have some good old fashioned fun.
- Diversity in Programming
- Our Life Engagement program offers a vast array of social opportunities for our Residents to celebrate life. These include traditional games and activities of bingo, bridge, Wii bowling, and horseshoes, along with art programs, special events, family festivals, community outings and live entertainment.
- Our belief is that wellness is not the things you do, it’s the way you live. True wellness heals all; the mind, the body and the soul. Without it you are allowing your body to become more susceptible to illness. With it, you are truly enhancing your life!
- Opportunities for Socialization
- Many seniors complain about not having companionship—some through the loss of a spouse, others through the loss of friends or the absence of family. Loneliness and isolation are among the leading causes of depression, sickness and decline in overall health and wellness. There are great spiritual and cognitive benefits in developing friendships with others, especially late in life. In order for this to take place, we need to provide opportunities for friendships to form. Providing engaging programs provides our residents with meaningful opportunities to connect with and enrich one another’s lives.